August 1889 –
The Presentation Brothers arrive in Cobh.
The Brothers take charge of Primary school in Cobh. That building, formally known as the Boys’ Club, is now the new Community Centre.
They left the dilapidated conditions of the old school and moved to the new premises, now part of Colaiste Muire.
Site for present school acquired. Work commenced on 25th August 1972 and was officially opened on 13th December 1974, blessed by Dr. John Ahern, Bishop of Cloyne.
Principals since then: Br. Gilbert Quirke (1975-1978), Br. Stephen O Gorman (1978-1987), Br. Benildus Fenton (1987-1992), Mr. Michael Farrell (1992-2011) , Mr. Tony Kenneally (2011-2021), and presently Mr. Andrew Bowen.